Monday, July 23, 2012

Wait, What?!

Well, it turns out that it's my last week as the Children's Ministry Intern at FBC Jesup and I can honestly say that I am not ready for this week to go. As tiring as this week has been, I can look back on this summer and see God's hand in everything that happened before, during, and what he is orchestrating to happen at the end of this week. My life has changed since I came home and took a year off from a camp that I love more than almost anything. Would I have accepted the call to Children's Ministry? Probably so. Would I have known how to even go about being a Children's Minister to a group of kids? Absolutely not.


I know now that I needed this summer to see that not only would I accept the call to children's ministry, but also I would get some experience in actually leading a group of kids for more than a week. I was blessed to be able to lead adults and parents for an entire summer as well and their openness, honesty, and willingness to help me with any random request that I had shows their heartbeat behind this summer was to get the kids involved and help them learn what a true relationship and walk with God looks like. 


I can't even begin to thank people individually because I know that this post would turn into one that spanned about six pages minimum. But, I have to thank my awesome staff that I got to work with this summer. Whether it was a staff meeting, seeking counsel, or simply joking around, this staff up here at the church have become more like my family rather than my boss and coworkers. They are seeking after God and his plan with everything they have for their own lives and more importantly for the life of this church. Sometimes we forget that ministers are people too, so remember to encourage them as they have encouraged you and this church. Next, shout out to my fellow intern PARKER WAYNE!! We have worked together for 10 weeks and haven't killed each other, in face we've only grown closer. You're the bomb. I know you're going to do some pretty awesome things. Hey Mom, I haven't forgotten about you. You have been such an asset to my organization and the small details of this summer getting taken care of and completed. I know that I wouldn't have been able to do half of what I've done without your help. 


For next summer, some questions are still around but I'm pretty sure I know where I'll be headed. I am still deep in prayer about it but I know that God has put a deep longing on my heart to go to where I am supposed to be next summer. I pray that God puts key people into my life that help guide me to where I'm supposed to be and that I take every chance I get to go thru an opened door. 


There are things that I'll never forget and I know that this is one of them. 


Live Today.



No comments:

Post a Comment