Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Loud And Clear

In my previous post I asked for prayer to keep looking up and to focus my sight on God and not necessarily where he's leading me, but to just rest and become equipped to walk down the path that he is making me ready for more and more everyday. That hasn't been easy and there have been some direct sacrifices along the way, but I can say that I have a peace and a joy that comes from being alone with God without having my attentions diverted. Sad as it is to admit, that is exactly what I needed to happen this moment in my life. 


With that being said, my alone time with God has allowed me to come face to face and full on to a call that he put on my heart. I know that God has gifted me in many areas of being a nurse and that is what I will continue my schooling in, but after I graduate with my B.S.N. I will be following God to seminary. While God has blessed me with a gift in nursing, he has also blessed me with a gift and a strong love for children's ministry. I thought for so long that the two had to be mutually exclusive but after much research, talking to other nurses and children's ministers, and prayer I just don't see how or why I will need to separate the two. 


I have talked with my mom about this and she is behind me all the way and I am so excited to finally have a little glimpse of where I'm supposed to go. We have joked about different places but I know that if I make any plans right now, they more than likely won't pan out. I don't know which seminary I will be headed to because that will come after more prayer and searching but I just know that God's calling me so I will go. 


This calls for another pick up and move right after graduation (which I have a little while so obviously there's no rush) but I can't say I'm surprised. Asking God to run ahead of me wherever he wants me to go doesn't exactly sound like an invitation for him to keep me in the same place. He knows how to get me out of my comfort zone and has no trouble yanking me away from it. However, I now am getting a more complete understanding of blind faith and more full knowledge of his amazing ability to bring things together that we never even began to plan in the first place. 


My journey has begun and God and I will walk it together.


Live Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment