Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day Tres: Take A Stand, A 33 Year Old, and The 3 L's.

So Day 3 has come and gone and we are all in tact and haven't even gotten lost yet. We have had such a great day and it wasn't even OMC Day. Just like any morning we got up and let the kids go to breakfast and do quiet times, but today was even more of a blessing to watch because the kids were really really into camp. They are diving deeper and deeper into the word with every chance they get and that is the joy of camp. After quiet time we went into I Can't Wait and when the Gold Medal Group Leader competition camp up I saw my name up there! Well at the end of the game I was told that I had won and was the Gold Medal Group Leader of the Day! THAT was super exciting!! 




I walked down to the Recreation Field and got some awesome pictures of our kids playing some games and they were SO into recreation, it was absolutely an intense thing to watch. I even got to play some games myself! (Although playing the game where you tuck a flag in your pocket and run away from people wasn't exactly the most relaxed game in the world.) The amazing staff we have working with us has tied the Bible into every single thing we do here at camp and that is one of the great things about CentriKid. The Bible is the book of the week and it is preached all day every day. 


At track times I got to help with No Boys Allowed again and actually got to work with the girls through coming up with questions they wanted answered about life. I got to share bits a pieces of my story thru the girls asking me different questions about my life (I didn't tell them my age so they all decided that I'm 33) and it was awesome to watch them get excited to share parts of their testimony after they watched me give a snippet of mine. 


Worship tonight was AWESOME. Our kids learned so much on taking a stand for God and that it's not always going to turn out pretty and nice but it will always be right. Like the boys in Daniel, we will be thrown into an extremely hot furnace but our furnace it the world. We talked about how following God in your life involves three L's.

  • Listening
  • Loving
  • Letting Go
Sometimes we can listen and love but letting go of our lives and things we want to cling to no matter if there may be something better in store for us is definitely the hardest L to live by. I would never imagine that I would be the place that I am right now and I know that if I had not conquered my fear of completely letting go there is no way that I could be enjoying the millions of blessings that God has given me. 

Live Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment