Monday, July 16, 2012

Game On!

Well the first day of camp has come and gone and suffice it to say that I am in one awesome transitional phase. It was so strange to actually see camp from a Group Leader and a camper's perspective today and actually walk thru what they walk thru without having to guide them personally thru it. Whenever we pulled up, I was super surprised to see on of my friends jumping up and down! I was so surprised that I actually hung out the window and gave her a hug and squealed and all that girly stuff. After giving a big hug to her and some more people, I went in and registered our group and did the whole grown up thing of getting keys and such, which again was super strange. 


We got the kids separated into different rooms and let them unpack and rest for a little before the camp day began so it was nice to just have a little down time before I literally hit the ground running tomorrow. I am not used to not being in the aisles jumping up and down all while screaming and having a huge smile on my face, but at the same time I absolutely love it. 


Please pray for us as we go throughout the week. We will be learning and taking to heart the word sacrifice and what it means for us to present our lives as a living sacrifice and that can be a tough concept to fully grasp at this age in life. Shoot, it's even a tough concept for me to fully follow through with sometimes. Pray also for the kids. We have traveled far away from home and are in a different place; it's easy to get overwhelmed with the newness of it all so please just be in prayer that they will soak up each moment that they can and just enjoy being at a great camp. Lastly pray for our awesome staff and chaperones to have emotional/physical strength and tons of energy. I can already tell that we have an amazing group of staffers doing camp for us this week and am even more excited that I have the chaperones that I do with me. 


I will try to post a little something every single night but hey, it's camp so I can't make any promises. These kids are hopefully going to have a time that they can always remember with people they will never forget. Their hearts are ready to learn and their ears are ready to listen, so all we have to do now is just tell them the Word of God. I hope that their lives will be changed as much as mine was because of this camp.


Live Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment