Monday, July 2, 2012

Looking Up

There comes a time in every college age person's life where you face a decision. It's the most important decision you will make in your life, and while you can seek the counsel of others, ultimately only one person can make the decision. 


No pressure, right?


This lovely decision and all it's importance is the one known as "changing majors". 


Before I went off to college I went from wanting to be a meteorologist, to fashion merchandising, to journalism, to bull fighter, to model, and finally as my senior year rolled around, I decided on Athletic Training. Sounds fun, huh? I basically would get to be out on a field watching games and making sure that an injured person received the proper care. I went in and was flying through my core and pretty much excelling in my major classes and really thought I had found my niche until one day the idea of being an athletic trainer just wasn't sitting right. So after much prayer, searching, and inspiration from a friend passed, I decided to become a nurse.


If you've been reading, you've seen how this path has been one of trust, blind steps, and leaping into the unknown. I really enjoyed the journey over the past year and didn't think anything could change my mind. That was, until I went to camp. 


Experiencing ministering to kids was a very unexpected opportunity that completely changed my life. If I had never gone to camp then I never would've loved doing ministry, if I had never fallen in love with ministry I wouldn't have taken this amazing internship with my best friend and amazing staff. All this being said, I'm coming to a point that I'm thinking that God might have something alongside me being a nurse... Being a Children's Minister.


God knows that I love to have an end goal in mind. He knows that it's practically written in my DNA to know where I'm going to end up. The in between steps can be a little fuzzy but I HAVE TO HAVE A DESTINATION. Well as my love for ministry grows every day, my end goal of simply being a nurse has become a little hazy to say the least. I've been struggling over asking God, "What do I need to do? Where do I need to go? Where are you leading me?" And then I realized he's leading me one day at a time now. He's going to break my compulsive need for an end goal until he is ready to reveal my destination to me. 


The author of "Jesus Calling" said it best: "Rest with Me a while. You have journeyed up a steep, rugged path in recent days. The way ahead is shrouded in uncertainty. Look neither behind you nor before you. Instead, focus your attention on Me, your constant Companion. Trust that I will equip you fully for whatever awaits you on your journey...."


I don't need to look in front, around, or behind. I need to look up. Don't worry about your destination, it may be hidden now but you are becoming more and more equipped for the days ahead.


Live Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment