Friday, August 3, 2012

Two Weeks...

It's official. I'm leaving home for KSU in two weeks. The panic is already starting to close in. I have gotten new bedding (because I have a full bed! AH!!), I've even gotten wall decorations, I mean real actual decorations for the wall. If that just doesn't say miracle, I don't know what does because everyone knows that me and wall decorations are just not friends. I am very excited that I have a new place to move into and I am very excited about my new roommates.


One thing that I have noticed about the Atlanta area is how much more expensive it is than Athens. I went looking for an apartment and that was the first things that bounced off the page. I knew that going to there would be a financial stretch for me, but I also knew that God is calling me to go to KSU. Not only is it more expensive but I also don't have a job yet. This is a different circumstance than I have ever encountered. I knew that God would provide for me if I followed but I have struggled time and time again on trusting him with my finances and his timing for my school. This last week, I prayed and prayed and prayed some more about this area and asked for his blessing. His answer couldn't have been more clear.


I went to Orientation and signed up for classes, toured the campus, even ate at the dining hall, and I also got to look at my apartment. I was in awe of the campus and the facilities offered to the students and just how nice the campus was. I continued to pray for finances and nursing school as I went through orientation and got some depressing news. My grades were what prevented me from getting into nursing school. At the time I applied I had 4 A's and 3 B's and those grades just weren't good enough for me to get in. Now for the Spring start I have 5 A's and 2 B's but I don't know if that will be good enough either. We will just have to see. So I am still questioning God and his timing for nursing school, but I welcome the questions rather than demanding answers. 


Earlier this week I got online to do the most dreaded thing in a college student's mind. I went to check the bill and what a surprise I got. My transcript had a glitch and HOPE hadn't reviewed my transcript, yet I still had a negative balance. I called the Financial Aid office and asked what was going on with the negative balance and I was told that was my refund!! I told her that my HOPE hadn't come through yet and we talked about my GPA and she said they'd have my transcript reviewed soon to get me my HOPE award. The next day I got an email and it said I had MORE MONEY coming back to me!! I can't say enough how blessed I have been following God in this journey and I can't wait to see how God continues to bless me!


Please pray for nursing school. I find out in September whether or not I have been accepted into the program and if I haven't there is some serious thinking to do, also pray for a job. I definitely need one, but with my recent financial news I have a month rather than a week to find one. Praise God!!


Live Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment