Thursday, August 16, 2012

I'm An Owl

Well, it's official. I am now a registered, on-campus living, owl. Thanks to my packing master mother, I was able to get everything in my car so I only had to make one trip! I have moved in and am now just trying to get my clothes all situated so I don't waste any space!

Yesterday was a very emotional day for me. I was leaving a fantastic summer to come up to a place where I hadn't really met anyone and was hopefully going to have a great year. I was also not going back to a town that has felt like home for the past two years, Athens. That was probably the roughest part for me. I know that I can always go back to Jesup and see my family but my brothers and sisters lived in Athens. I called Aunt Lynn and cried to her for a few minutes but as we kept talking she had me see that while I am going to a place I didn't know anyone, I'd already been blessed beyond measure so why should I worry about meeting new people and making new great friends? She was right.

As I got closer to KSU I felt less and less sadness and more and more excitement. I knew that my roommates were three really solid girls and that even though we hadn't ever met face to face I felt like I knew them already. After getting up here and moving in for a bit, I got to meet all of my roommates and their parents. Thanks to the parents, I actually have pictures and some canvases up on the wall. Can you believe it??

God has continued to show me that I am where I am supposed to be, even if sometimes I feel like I'm alone. I know that only great things are going to come out of me living here in Kennesaw and I can't wait to see what they are. Too often we let doubt and fear overcome what should be excitement and courage in new situations. There's no way to know how things will work out, but after seeing everything that God has provided for you day after day there's no way to doubt that he's going to continue to provide. He has given me everything I could ever need and more, and I know that there is only more to come. 

That is something I can't even wrap my head around. My life has been so blessed and so great so far, how can it get better? And then I think about how my life is still very much unfolding and how in Jeremiah, we are promised a great future. God wants to give us a future better than our present or our past. He believes in ever-continual love and blessings. 

Live Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment