Sunday, October 2, 2011

Control

Romans 9:19-24

Those were the verses that I read while going through Romans the other day. And looking at it, I know that it's only five verses but the things I got to thinking about and the time constraints I had on me only allowed for me to read and digest those five verses.

21 Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? 22What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patiencevessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory

I was literally struck with what I read. It is such a thought and shows that God is in control of literally everything. He has the power to make people for honorable or dishonorable use, and it's all to bring glory to him. God has, will, and will continue to change people and situations, we just have to honor, acknowledge, and accept his complete control in every aspect of not only our lives, but the lives of others (even the ones who do things we don't particularly care for.) He has it all down and knows what it going to happen, we just have to trust and wait with a glad heart and let him work. 

I got to talk a little through my CentriKid experience this weekend with different people, and to know and have the opportunity to see everything fall together whenever I thought that whatever was happening didn't have a purpose filled me with joy and just a sense of "Okay, I know that I can let go and trust." I know that I'm headed in the right direction and I'm where I'm supposed to be, and that is a great feeling. 

Live Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment