Thursday, October 6, 2011

Annnndddd GO.

Since I came back from working camp this summer, the phrase "I hit the ground running" literally has come true. Even though I'm only taking 12 hours, I'm taking three high demand classes, two labs, and a spin class. (And for those who don't think that spinning is hard, please come join me every Tuesday and Thursday morning I will give you props is Manuela doesn't make you want to just lay down of the floor afterwards.) Being a planner I had everything ready to go (or so I thought) for these classes but I've been presented with obstacles inside and outside of school that have made me live by the motto "You can do it all. Just not all at once." Admitting that has been one of the hardest things I have ever done. You're admitting a flaw. You're admitting you can't do it. And as a human that was so very hard for me to get over. Reading in Romans throughout my quiet time has made me admit that I couldn't save myself and that I'm not in control, but to admit to myself that I can't do everything at one time is a whole different ball game.


Now, suffice it to say that the midterms have begun. Not only has school picked up, but also my pageant career has as well. I competed in a pageant last weekend and had the time of my life and this weekend I'm doing the same thing. Now, don't get me wrong I love competing. If you know me, you know that I am just a competitive person and love to have something to do. Do I have to win? No. Do I have to have fun? Yes. And as cliche as it sounds, that and scholarship is really what these pageants are all about for me. I'm excited to see if this is where God wants me to go or if he has yet another direction picked out for my life. That's what I'm beginning to love. The chase of where I'm being led. I mean I will be the first to admit that I am a planner and that I like to have things down pretty much three years in advance (...but really) but being more open to a change and truly being able to welcome and obstacle has made life so much more fun. I know I can't do it all at once, and while I don't always want to admit it I'm not someone who can just turn down fun. I would rather have conquer an obstacle having fun than thinking that a pebble in the road is the end-all-be-all of my day. Besides laughter is the best medicine, right?


Live Today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment