Sunday, November 13, 2011

Lucky Dawg

Now it's VERY safe to say that this week was a struggle. And to quote one of my best friends is was a "big ball of struggle." It began pretty nicely, until I realized that on Thursday I had three tests within a two hour period and then the panic set in. Honestly, I don't think I did too well on one of the tests but I know I did everything I could in order to succeed and I'll just have one heck of a challenge at final's time. In summary, Thursday just plain stunk. I mean if we were classifying days on a 1-10 (1 being the worst, 10 the best) it was about a -2. BUT, the next day was 11-11-11... and it was said to be the luckiest day in the world and God knew just how lucky I needed to be that day. 


I went into work and did the usual routine but at lunch I have to get the check signed and the person I normally go to was a bit busy that day so I decided to go find someone else. To my surprised the man I did find was from Hinesville, Georgia and that is amazingly close to home for me, so we got to figuring out people we both knew when another person walked in and joined the conversation. Somehow the subject of what major I was pursuing came up and when they found out I wanted to do nursing they told me of contacts they could put me in touch with that could give me some great insight and guidance in the field. I was SO shocked to even begin to process everything they were telling me! It wasn't even 12 o'clock and yet my luck had began to turn around. 


After work, I got to have my FIRST Gigi's Cupcake that afternoon, and let me tell you if having best a friend that introduced me to it isn't luck I don't know what is. (Alyssa, you are the bomb!) And that night I went swing dancing and let me tell you, we didn't know all the moves but the ones we learned we got down pat. It was one of the most fun nights I have had in a very very long time. After the dance some people went out to a bonfire, and coming from south Georgia if there's a bonfire remotely close I'm all about being there. We stayed out entirely too late and laughed way too much and had so much fun. Yet, the 11-11-11 luck didn't stop there.


The next morning was the 115th game of the Deep South's Oldest Rivalry. Georgia versus Auburn. You could practically feel the excitement in the air throughout the tailgate and the game. I had practically zero voice left and my hands hurt from clapping but those are merely tiny sacrifices for the huge win we had! And even after Saturday the 11-11-11 luck continued to flow.


This morning in church the sermon was "Big on Belonging." As he was speaking I kind of drifted off into my own world. I know that he was speaking about how that church was big on helping others belong but I couldn't help and realize my luck. I have the best group of friends in the world. I am lucky to have people in my life that make me laugh whenever I have a -2 day. I'm lucky to attend the greatest university in the state. I'm lucky to have a mother that loves me and is honest with me. I'm lucky to have more brothers and sisters than the Duggars. I'm lucky to know my God. I'm lucky to have a job that I absolutely love. I'm lucky to being going into a career that I desperately want. I'm lucky to have this wonderful life. 


I guess that just makes me one Lucky Dawg.


Live Today.



2 comments:

  1. You are a very Lucky and Blessed Dawg and those of us who know you are Lucky and Blessed as well. Keep on Writing Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very blessed my dear!! I'm so very lucky to know you as well!

    ReplyDelete