Friday, November 25, 2011

And Fun Was Had By All

As we all know, Thanksgiving was yesterday and Black Friday (Yes, I did go and solemnly swore I would never do it again) is today. I could write about how thankful I am for my family and how awesome they are at everything, but while I am thankful for my family I am more thankful for one facet than I am of anything else this "Thanksgiving/Christmas Season" I am thankful for their fun. 


Early Saturday morning I arose (after staying up entirely too late for an awesome time with some great friends at a Gwinett Gladiators game Friday night) and departed for my small town home of Jesup. Now Athens is roughly 3-4 hours from Jesup and the drive isn't really all that exciting, but I knew that I was going to have one spectacular time at home. As soon as I arrived I walk in on my mother making Loaded Baked Potato Soup. You can imagine how much my poor college kid mouth was salivating at simply smelling it. She made it to surprise me. If THAT isn't love I don't know what is. Later, I went over to BJ and Lindsey's (I consider them family) and the fun began. I played with Micah, Joshua, and Hannah after they woke up from their naps, talked girl talk with Lindsey, and football with BJ. It's not every day that you have the opportunity to play with 2 kids making a "Lion's Den" out of small chairs and couch cushions while the other kid is sitting on your stomach poking her hands in your mouth. To some, this may not sound like fun but to me, a girl who hadn't seen these little ones or their parents for quite some time it was one blast of a time. 


After that I headed on over to my Grandma's house. Now at Grandma's we have one team that we will always cheer for and that team is F-L-O-R-I-D-A-S-T-A-T-E! FLORIDA STATE! FLORIDA STATE! FLORIDA STATE! WOO!!! (I get chill bumps just thinking about that chant.) Here again, if you know me, you KNOW that I. Love. Football. I love everything about it. I can't really talk stats but I can talk offense, defense, special teams, coaches, and cheerleaders. (That last part is a bit irrelevant, oh well) I get my spunk while watching games from my Grandma. She starts hollering at the TV, clapping her hands, and giving the refs and players their what-to-for and that my friends is pretty much my definition of fun.


On Thanksgiving day the family came over and we all ate entirely too much and decided after lunch to play Quelf. Please take time to Google said game to appreciate the hilarity of it. Mom did a Broadway show tune dance, Chris did a hoe-down, sang with his thumbs in his mouth and became a golf announcer, Dee became Darth Vader, Parker Wayne a videographer, Aunt DD a mummy, and Caitlyn a foot whisperer. It. Was. HILARIOUS. We all were relaxed and acted so silly and everyone had a WONDERFUL time just being ourselves. 


Now my laugh is a teensy bit loud. And I love to laugh. And my family simply loves to have a jolly good time. I can go home stressed out about a class/life/test and they will always make me laugh and smile and know that everything is going to be fine. We can get together at my small home town or a big ritzy place and they are always going to be the same. Completely too loud and completely too much fun. However, with the future looking bright and life changing decisions being made there is not much more I could want rather than a completely too loud and a completely too fun family. 


Live Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment