Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Look Forward

If I had to put a label on this weekend it would be, Too Much Fun.


Starting off, I got to ride home with a friend and we had a ton of fun on the ride home and the way back. I mean, we laughed, sang, and talked about literally everything. It was such a great thing to be able to not be afraid to be open and laugh.


Moving to the weekend, my friend and I roll into town and go get a late supper at Waffle House and my future intern counterpart, Parker Wayne joins us. We find out that the prank wars have already begun. I mean, these things are in full swing. After supper I look at my phone and realize that I have a voicemail from my youth minister saying that I probably had part of the prank that had happened to his truck. And while I'm somehow informed of pranks that happen on these weekends I honestly had nothing to do with that one. However, I don't think my excuse of being on the road home was completely believed. 


The next day I got up, lead some recreation for the DNow, and got to catch up with my sister/mentor Lindsey. Not only did I get some awesome time with her, but I also got to spend a lot of time with Parker. (Rearranging the office, planning future activities, and the usual joking around) We may or may not get a lot of work done this summer. However, this was my glimpse into the summer, and my glimpse made me super super excited. 


Last summer, I had the amazing blessing and opportunity of being able to work as a CentriKid staffer and see camp from that vantage point. Well, after this summer I will have seen camp from almost every outlook available. I've been a camper, a staffer, and this summer I will have the amazing opportunity be a group leader. Which means I'll be taking the kids to camp, advising them, and allowing them to be led by some amazing staffers. 


But in the midst of all this excitement, there's a ton of anxiety. I will be leading, forming relationships, and witnessing to these kids for the entire summer. Which is a LOT more than my one week I got last summer. There's a lot of paperwork, small details, bible studies to write, relationships to form, and just general work to be done and all of that combined together can add up extremely quickly. Needless to say, I feel a bit overwhelmed. 


 My honest hope for this summer is to show not just the kids but the parents as well God's love, faithfulness, and provision. I pray constantly that God will allow me to have a lasting impact and to be a vessel of showing him to everyone I interact with this summer. But just like I said, I want more than a summer memory for these kids, I want a lasting impact. There's so much to show them and so much for them to discover. Let's just say, everyone should be prepared for the soon forthcoming "Intern Chronicles: Stories and Insight from a Children's MInistry Intern".


I had my look forward to the summer this weekend, and it's going to be one crazy ride.


Live Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment