Monday, March 12, 2012

Triumphs and Trials

Of all the posts I have ever written, this one will be the one that hurts me the most. After months of waiting, I have found out that I did not get accepted into Nursing School. Looking back, I switched from applying for fall to applying for spring then back to fall again. And well, it looks like Spring 2012 is when I'll be joining the boat of Nursing. There are things at work here that I do not understand and things that are bigger than my original plan.


Talking with family and friends about this has been a great consolation and a great comfort. But the one thing that is still there? That feeling of, "Well this just stinks". I still believe I am meant to be a nurse and that I am being delayed for some reason. My faith is bigger than this trial and if I'm meant to pursue another path then I am open and ready and willing. Thankfully I have a back up plan (See, I'm still always planning). Actually I have about three back up plans, and know that if one doesn't work I'm probably being led to the other. 


There's a verse that stands out to me now more than ever, Isaiah 55: 8-9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the Earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." I'm living this verse right now and am trusting that since His thoughts are higher than mine that something greater is going to come of this.


Needless to say, since I will not start nursing school in the fall I will be taking some other classes that are required to obtain my Bachelor's but aren't required to get into the nursing program. Thankfully there aren't a lot of these hours so I'll be able to foster relationships and get to know a new city without having to go crazy. Plus, this means more time for one of my favorite things in the world... College Football. Go Dawgs. Go Noles. And Roll Tide. 


Live Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment