Monday, May 21, 2012

Start of Summer

Today marked the official start of my summer internship at First Baptist Church. I honestly don't even remember everything that I did today other than being extremely thankful that I had gone in a couple days last week. I don't think that I could've gotten as much done if I hadn't gotten a head start. 


Today I tried to conquer the folding machine. Key word here, try. I was sending out baby shower invitations (For Bible Study!!) and thought, "Man, it'd really be a lot simpler to just use the automatic folder." Well... I though that but once I approached this contraption of squealing parts and metal I was soon very intimidated. There were buttons glaring at me and wheels screaming and I didn't even know where to put the paper to begin folding. I can honestly say that it took me probably 25 minutes to figure out where to even begin on that machine. After I folded it in half once I needed to figure out how to fold it in half again. Well I can tell you that that didn't happen. I just ended up folding those sill things by hand. 


Tomorrow I think I'll try and conquer the printer and it's settings. Don't laugh because it's a lot harder than it sounds.


One thing is for sure, Parker and I are seriously going to have one amazing summer. I can't wait to spend a ton of time with my best friend and see what God has in store for our ministries through the summer.


Please be praying for us as we serve the students throughout the summer and as we go throughout the general struggles of figuring out a new job. We both are so excited and can't wait for the summer to get in full swing!


Live Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment