Saturday, May 5, 2012

Live To Love

Well, I'm wrapping it up here at UGA. Getting ready for the summer and the opportunity to minister to and serve kids and their parents at First Baptist Church. I can't thank God enough for everything that has happened and everyone that I have been blessed to call my friends. 

Wrapping up my time here at UGA, I'll also be wrapping up my study of Ephesians... well almost. I was reading today through chapter 4 and literally the first verse out of the gate screamed at me. 

"...Walk the life to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, patience, and bearing with one another in love." 

Notice that the listed attributes are not ones that come naturally to us. I've talked about patience and how that is a struggle, but the rest are definitely not easy for me either. But it is written that this is how we are to live. 

Bearing with one another in love. I definitely need to start reminding myself of that when I run into someone when I'm in a hurry and they just want to talk or when I am super frustrated with someone. That's what we are called to do as Christians. Love. And love genuinely. God sees our hearts when we do things and when our heart conflicts with our actions it makes him nauseous. I mean, we don't exactly feel like a million bucks when we're doing it either. There are so many blessings to be had and opportunities to witness when we do things with a genuine heart and it's a shame to miss them.

Live Today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment