Monday, February 6, 2012

Victory In All

I'm not going to lie. This may sound arrogant or whatever you want to call it, but in my life I've been through a lot. A lot of heartache, a lot of sadness, but also a whole lot of joy. Just amazing, pure, and wonderful joy. I can talk about any of my heartache and sadness and still have a genuine smile on my face and in my heart. Yes, I still tear up. It's sad, I'm not happy about it. But my joy doesn't depend on my happiness at that moment. 


My family has been through a lot lately. In face, we've been through a lot for a while. But what family doesn't have their ups and downs? Through all of this though I have cried but more importantly, I have praised. In fact a couple nights ago I cried while I praised. Let's face it, life is scary. It's not fair. It can plain out stink. But it's all worth it. 


People ask me, "Taylor, how do you stay so positive? If this was happening to me I would have already broken down and given up." The truth is, no you wouldn't. I was told a few years ago that life was about accepting your new reality, no matter what that reality is you have to look at it square in the eye and say, "Well Hello there!" And you have to know that God is going to be there for you. And you are going to have to be there for yourself. Because ultimately, after all your friends have given you advice and all your family has given you their love, you have to pick it up and USE IT. You must stop throwing yourself a pity party and get up!


It's safe to say that this Friday was a roller coaster of a day. The week was ending. Work was going great. But I had a huge worry on my heart. And I called Lindsey and Daniel about it and cried and they both prayed for me and I knew that they loved (and still love) me. Daniel told me something that I will never forget, "Taylor, you have to find the joy in this. There is joy, you just have to find it." Now this is always one of those things that falls into the extremely cliche category of "Easier said than done". But looking back, that's how I made it through it all anyway.


In three months, I'm leaving the University that I've attended for two years. Friends that I love dearly. A job with people I absolutely cherish. A safe-haven for me. I know this is the way God is leading me and I'm gladly following. But here's the thing, if you were to ask me why I was leaving a place I love I couldn't give you an answer outside of it's where God is leading me. And that my friends is how I know that I'm going to be okay. Actually it's going to be more than okay, it's going to be amazing. God has a bigger picture going on here and I haven't seen it all yet but the pieces of it I do get to see are pretty awesome so why wouldn't he keep going in this pattern of doing greater things for me than I could even imagine?


You see, God has won. Yep, that lovely man has already taken care of it all. (Wasn't that sweet?) He already knows what's going to happen to me and my family. He's already gotten my life planned out. He has it all put there for my good. Even the bad things. Even the things that I still tear up about, that cause my heart and stomach to just drop. The things that make me weep are the same things that I praise God for. 


Whenever you realize that you've already won, it gets a bit easier to find the joy in everything. Yes, you will still cry. Yes, your heart will still break. But Daniel also had a little nugget for this, "It takes your heart to be truly and completely broken for it to be built back up." So let your heart break, let your tears run, but remember that there comes a time to let God put the pieces back together again. 


Live Today

No comments:

Post a Comment