Sunday, February 5, 2012

Going On

There's a lot of topics that I would love to write about for this blog. But one keeps coming to the forefront of my mind, that topic is the future. Where in the world I'm going to be in a few months to years. I recently thought that I would have to start my nursing program a bit late (and that still may happen) but I've been given the opportunity to start the program on time. I'm over the moon about getting this opportunity, but at the same time I'm starting to truly come to grips with the fact that I am getting up, leaving people I have loved, relationships that have been formed, and planting myself in a new place. I emailed my mom earlier this week and told her that in honor of my attendance at the great University of Georgia, I want UGA scrubs as my first pair of scrubs ever. 


Time has flown by. I have changed my major, decided to leave a great town and University, and chosen to follow God's plan for my life. However, as a confession, I am absolutely terrified. What if I don't make friends like the ones I have here? What if I don't enjoy my time where I'm being moved to? There are tons of questions but there is only one answer.


Hebrews 13:5 "God has said, “Never will I leave you;never will I forsake you."


Matthew 28:20, "And surely I am with you until the very end of the age."


God will not leave me. At church today I heard faith defined as the confidence that God is who he says he is and that he will do what he says he will do. Well God has said he will never leave me and that he is with me until the end of the age. If I am to have faith, I'm to believe that. And seeing what God has brought me through in my life, I have faith and I firmly believe that. 


Does that stop me from being terrified of having to go somewhere else to school? No. Am I still really scared of leaving? Yes. But, I'm ready to go. I wrote before that being a leader is being prepared to do anything and go anywhere that God leads you no matter what and I'm ready to follow. It's going to be one heck of a ride and I'm not going to be alone.

Live Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment