Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Gladly Weak.

It's been absolutely too long since I've written and so much has happened to me. There's been Christmas, New Years, 2011 Move Conference, loss of a family member, gaining one, and joy. Pure joy.


I got to go to the Voyles family Christmas and see some family that I have not seen in years. Little did I know it would be the last time that I would see my Uncle Jeff. He and I had a great conversation about nursing and why I wanted to go into that profession and I even got to bandage him up that night. A few days later he was admitted to the hospital and passed away 1 January to celebrate the New Year with the Lord. I am always going to be thankful to have that last Christmas gathering with Uncle Jeff. On "real Christmas" I got to spend time with my mom and her side of the family. It's always a great time whenever we get together. Too much food was eaten and there's no way for too much laughter but we came close. We also found out that one of my cousins is expecting! I am SO excited to meet little Baby whenever they get here! 


After Christmas I got the opportunity to work at the Move Conference in Macon, Georgia. I had attended that conference every year since I was in sixth grade and the opportunity to work it was just awesome. I worked at the Aaron Keyes booth which was positioned right towards the front and I got to see all the kids before they entered into the arena. I had conversations with kids about pretty much anything and got to meet some great down-to-earth artists. The people I worked with were an amazing group of people. We had so much fun and ragged each other about everything. After the first day of the conference some of us went to Steak & Shake, and after a long day of being on your feet, herding youth, and bouncing around everything turned into the most hilarious thing that we'd ever heard or seen. 


The irony in all of this is I was struggling. My father passed away 7 January 2007 and I was hurting this year because 2012 makes it five years. I was struggling with the fact that I wished he was here. I wished that he wasn't taken. I know that this wish and thought is rational but to me it felt like weakness. And I realized, I am weak. I'm human. I asked one of my best friends to pray for me and her boyfriend gave me the exact verse I needed. 


2 Corinthians 12: 9-10: "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."


Not only did God send Rob with the perfect verse, but also God gave me joy. "I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." Have joy in your weakness. Boast that you are weak so that God can show his strength that much more. 

Live Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment