Monday, June 11, 2012

This is VBS?

Let VBS begin! A week of 12 hour days, jumping up and down, running around with kids, coming home exhausted and still doing work. Sounds oddly like camp to me. I was DEFINITELY not completely prepared to tackle the logistics, creativity, and many various aspects that directors undertake. And believe me, if it wasn't for my awesome team of directors and volunteers I can tell you right now there is no way that VBS would even be close to a success. 


Sunday during the Children's Sermon, Bro. Earl brought out our stuffed astronaut (Lt. Dan, he got new legs. Heehee!) And while his legs were pretty securely attached, his hands... not so much. So while Bro. Earl was waving his hands around a glove plopped off and hit the astronaut straight in the stomach. The kids definitely loved that. 


Last night, we got to do a VBS Kick-off were I got to play with kids on a bouncy slide and get snow cones and pop corn. Getting paid to play? Yes please. I don't think I've had so much fun this entire summer. I got kids going down on their stomachs, backs, barrel rolling, and just doing whatever. 


Tonight however, was more of a worship atmosphere. We're doing the SpaceQuest theme and it has been so much fun to watch the kids pretend like they're in space and jump up and dance around like there's no gravity. There's nothing quite like the feeling of leading worship for a bunch of kids. 


Working with the same kids has been a different thing for me to do but I know that God called me here for a reason and the reasons are starting to become clear. I am so excited to see what else will happen this week and how these kids lives will be impacted thanks to the amazing team of volunteers putting in countless hours and tons of effort towards the success of VBS. 


Live Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment